Get Expert Help with Indianapolis Earwigs
Earwigs are a pest most people are not quite aware of or usually do not notice what they are at first glance, prior to doing research to identify the pest. They happen to be masters at infesting numerous locations within a home and some times it can require a full range of solutions to take control of the invasion. Our pest specialists at Quality Pest Exterminator will identify the best solutions and strategy for treating your individual earwig dilemma. You are likely to see earwigs in more substantial numbers where people reside close together; subdivisions, flats, etc.
Their pincers are typically what frighten people upon first real glance. It almost makes them seem somewhat dangerous; but they’re not. These pincers are actually how an earwig protects itself and will us them when combating other earwigs.
The size of an earwig will depend upon the species but grownups will usually vary anywhere from a mere 5 mm to 25 mm in length. Earwigs are slender and feature two pairs of wings. Some earwigs species produce an odorous fluid as a defense mechanism. Earwigs appear the same no matter if they are young or adults, but the young do not have wings.
A lot of are omnivores and eat bugs and plants and some earwig species are predators. They do not usually come out during the day, staying in moist areas and come out during the night. When winter season comes along they go under ground and emerge when Spring arrives. While under ground the females will certainly lay eggs. The lady is responsible for caring for her offspring until they hatch out. She then continues her defense till they can seek food on their own.
It’s usual to find earwigs in light traps because light attracts them and earwigs could easily be the frustrating parasite flying around the light on your porch during the night. Come morning, you’ll likely find them below your furniture cushions on the porch. When they are found inside the house, you should not worry as they are just searching for shelter, food, or because of changing weather.
Signs You Have an Earwig Problem
An infestation will likely be the case if you’re noticing a great deal of earwigs inside the house, day and/or night. If you discover them inside your home they’ll likely be in the spaces where water is common or present; utility room, restroom and kitchen area. That’s not to say you won’t see them in other spaces of the home. Just keep in mind that they can quickly end up in just about any area of the home.
Earwig Control in Indianapolis
To regulate an earwig invasion it’s important to get rid of any hiding spots located on your property. Otherwise, whatever effort you put into eliminating the bugs will be a waste and not at all rewarding. Luckily, there are techniques for regulating the earwigs on your property.
- Eliminate wood, lumber, and excess items close to your home’s foundation.
- Analyze the exterior of your home, getting rid of any dead leaves or mulch.
- Cut any neighboring shrubs and trees that supply a shaded, wet location for earwigs to hide.
- Frequently inspect your gutters and keep them clear of any blocks, ensuring the water is flowing correctly.
- If earwigs appear to enjoy your outdoor lights, consider moving them further from the home, aiming in the direction of your house. By doing this the earwigs won’t be in your individual space and rather farther out by the lights.
- Another choice would be to change your bulbs to yellow if you currently use bright white lights.
- All exterior screens should be free of damage and protected. You’ll want to examine these regularly to make sure they stay this way and the pests stay out.
Phone Indiana’s Expert Earwig Control Technicians
To learn more about our own exceptional earwig control options or our pest control service for Indianapolis residents, just give us a call. Even if you just have questions regarding earwigs, we’re right here to assist. Phone us at (317) 723-7226 today to learn more!